1. Yan, J., L. Lin, W. Zhou, K. Ma, and S. T. Pickett. 2016. A novel approach for quantifying particulate matter distribution on leaf surface by combining SEM and object-based image analysis. Remote Sensing of Environment. Accepted.
2. Chen, X., W. Zhou, S. T. Pickett, W. Li, L. Han and Y. Ren. 2016. Diatoms are better indicators of urban stream conditions: A case study in Beijing, China. Ecological Indicators. 60: 265-274.
3. Han L, W Zhou, W Li. 2015. Increasing impact of urban fine particles (PM2. 5) on areas surrounding Chinese cities. Scientific reports. 5. 12467; doi: 10.1038/srep12467
4. Han L, W Zhou, W Li. 2015. City as a major source area of fine particulate (PM 2.5) in China. Environmental Pollution. 206, 183-187.
5. Han L, W Zhou, W Li, DT Meshesha, L Li, M Zheng. 2015. Meteorological and urban landscape factors on severe air pollution in Beijing. Journal of the Air & Waste Management Association. 65(7): 782-787.
6. Qian, Y., W. Zhou, W. Yu and S. A. Pickett. 2015. Quantifying spatiotemporal pattern of urban greenspace: new insights from high resolution data.Landscape Ecology: 1-9.
7. Han L., W. Zhou, S.T.A. Pickett, W. Li, and L. Li. 2015. An optimum city size? The scaling relationship for urban population and fine particulate (PM2.5) concentration. Environmental Pollution, 10.1016/j.envpol.2015.08.039
8. Qian, Y., W. Zhou, W. Li and L. Han. 2015. Understanding the dynamic of greenspace in the urbanized area of Beijing based on high resolution satellite images.Urban Forestry & Urban Greening 14(1): 39-47.
9. Qian, Y., W. Zhou, J. Yan, W. Li and L. Han. 2014. Comparing Machine Learning Classifiers for Object-Based Land Cover Classification Using Very High Resolution Imagery. Remote Sensing 7(1): 153-168.
10. Zhou W., M.L. Cadenasso, K. Schwarz, S.T.A. Pickett. 2014. Quantifying Spatial Heterogeneity in Urban Landscapes: Integrating Visual Interpretation and Object-Based Classification. Remote sensing, 6, 3369-3386.
11. Zhou W., Y. Qian, X. Li, W. Li, L. Han. 2014. Relationships between land cover and the surface urban heat island: seasonal variability and effects of spatial and thematic resolution of land cover data on predicting land surface temperatures. Landscape Ecology. 29(1), 153-167.
12. Han L., Zhou W., Li W., and Li L. 2014. Impact of urbanization level on urban air quality: A case of fine particles (PM2.5) in Chinese cities. Environmental Pollution, 194, 163-170.
13. Li, W., Bai, Y., Zhou, W., Han, C., and Han, L. 2014. Land Use Significantly Affects the Distribution of Urban Green Space: Case Study of Shanghai, China. J.Urban Planning and Development. 10.1061/(ASCE)UP.1943-5444.0000246
14. Zhou W. 2013. An Object-Based Approach for Urban Land Cover Classification: Integrating LiDAR Height and Intensity Data. IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Letter, 10(4): 928-931.
15. L Han, A Tsunekawa, M Tsubo, W Zhou. 2013. An enhanced dust index for Asian dust detection with MODIS images. International Journal of Remote Sensing. 34 (19), 6484-6495.
16. Zhou, W., and M. L. Cadenasso. 2012. Effects of patch characteristics and within patch heterogeneity on the accuracy of urban land cover estimates from visual interpretation. Landscape Ecology. 27(9): 1291-1305.
17. Zhou, W., G. Huang, and M. L. Cadenasso. 2011. Does spatial configuration matter? Understanding the effects of land cover pattern on land surface temperature in urban landscapes. Landscape and Urban Planning. 102(1): 54-63.
18. Zhou, W., G. Huang, and M. L. Cadenasso. 2011. 90 years of forest cover change in an urbanizing watershed: spatial and temporal dynamics. Landscape Ecology.26: 645-659.
19. Zhou, W., K. Schwarz and M. L. Cadenasso. 2010. Mapping Urban Landscape Heterogeneity Agreement between Visual Interpretation and Digital Classification Approaches. Landscape Ecology. 25(1): 53-67.
20. Zhou, W. and A. Troy. 2009. Development of an object-based framework for classifying and inventorying human-dominated forest ecosystems.International Journal of Remote Sensing. 30(23): 6343-6360.
21. Zhou,W., A. Troy, M. Grove and J. Jenkins, 2009, Can Money Buy Green? Demographic and Socioeconomic Predictors of Lawncare Expenditures and Lawn Greenness in Urban Residential Areas. Society and Natural Resources. 22(8): 744 -760.
22. Zhou, W., G. Huang, A. Troy, and M. Cadenasso. 2009. Object-based land cover classification of shaded areas in high spatial resolution imagery of urban areas: a comparison study. Remote Sensing of Environment, 113(8): 1769-1777.
23. Zhou, W. and A. Troy, 2008. An Object-oriented Approach for Analyzing and Characterizing Urban Landscape at the Parcel Level. International Journal of Remote Sensing. 29 (11): 3119-3135.
24. Zhou,W., A. Troy, and J.M Grove, 2008. Object-based land cover classification and change analysis in the Baltimore Metropolitan Area using multi-temporal high resolution remote sensing data. Sensors 8: 1613-1636.
25. Zhou, W., A. Troy, and M. Grove, 2008. Modeling household lawn fertilization practices: Integrating high-resolution remote sensing and socioeconomic data. Environmental Management. 41(5): 742-752.
26. Zhou, W., S. Wang, Y. Zhou, and A. Troy. 2006. Mapping the concentrations of total suspended matter in Lake Taihu, China, using Landsat-5 TM data. International Journal of Remote Sensing. 27(6): 1177-1191.