More than 400 papers have been published in peer-reviewed journals including Nature, Science, Nature Climate Change, Nature Sustainability, Nature Geoscience, Nature Ecology & Evolution, PNAS and Science Advances. Google Scholars ca 44200 citations with h-index 99 (update on Dec.20, 2022).
1. Lu Nan, Tian Hanqin , Fu Bojie*, Yu Huiqian, Piao Shilong, Chen Shiyin, Li Ya, Li Xiaoyong , Mengyu Wang, Li Zidong , Zhang Lu, Philippe Ciais, Pete Smith, 2022. Biophysical and economic constraints on China’s natural climate solutions. Nature Climate Change. 12:847-853. doi.org/10.1038/s41558-022-01432-3.
2. Wu Xutong, Fu Bojie*, Wang Shuai, Song Shuang, Li Yingjie, Xu Zhenci, Wei Yongping, Liu Jianguo, 2022. Decoupling of SDGs followed by re-coupling as sustainable development progresses. Nature Sustainability，5：452-459.
3. Fu Bojie*, Wu Xutong, Wang Zhuangzhuang, Wu Xilin, Wang Shuai, 2022. Coupling human and natural systems for sustainability: experience from China's Loess Plateau. Earth System Dynamics, 13(2), 795-808.
4. Zhang Junze, Wang Shuai, Prajal Pradhan, Zhao Wenwu and Fu Bojie*. 2022. Untangling the interactions among the Sustainable Development Goals in China. Science Bulletin, 67(9). 977-984.
5. Fu Bojie*, Stafford-Smith Mark, Wang Yanfen, Wu Binfang, Yu Xiubo, Lv Nan, Ojima Dennis S., Lv Yihe, Fu Chao, Liu Yu, Niu Shuli, Zhang Yangjian, Zeng Hongwei, Liu Yuexian, Liu Yanxu, Feng Xiaoming, Zhang Lu, Wei Yongping, Xu Zhihong, Li Fadong, Cui Xiaoyong, Diop Salif, Chen Xi. 2021. The Global-DEP conceptual framework - research on dryland ecosystems to promote sustainability. Current Opinion in Environmental Sustainability, 48, 17-28.
6. Li Changjia, Fu Bojie*, Wang Shuai, Stringer Lindsay C., Wang Yaping, Li Zidong, Liu Yanxu, Zhou Wenxin, 2021. Drivers and impacts of changes in China's drylands. Nature Reviews Earth & Environment, 2(12), 858-873.
7. Zhang Junze, Fu Bojie*, Stafford-Smith Mark, Wang Shuai, Zhao Wenwu, 2021. Improve forest restoration initiatives to meet Sustainable Development Goal 15. Nature Ecology & Evolution, 5(1), 10-13.
8. Wu Xutong, Liu Jianguo, Fu Bojie*, Wang Shuai, Wei Yongping, 2021. Integrating multiple influencing factors in evaluating the socioeconomic effects of payments for ecosystem services. Ecosystem Services, 51, 101348.
9. Chen Yongzhe, Feng Xiaoming, Tian Hanqin, Wu Xutong, Gao Zhen, Feng Yu, Piao Shilong, Lv Nan, Pan Naiqing, Fu Bojie*, 2021. Accelerated increase in vegetation carbon sequestration in China after 2010: A turning point resulting from climate and human interaction. Global Change Biology, 27(22), 5848-5864.
10. Fu Bojie*, Zhang Junze, Wang Shuai, Zhao Wenwu. 2020. Classification–coordination–collaboration: a systems approach for advancing Sustainable Development Goals. National Science Review, 7(5), 838-840.
11. Wu Xutong, Wei Yongping, Fu Bojie*, Wang Shuai, Zhao Yan, Moran Emilio F. 2020. Evolution and effects of the social-ecological system over a millennium in China’s Loess Plateau. Science Advances, 6(41), eabc0276.
12. Wei Fangli, Wang Shuai, Fu Bojie*, Brandt Martin, Pan Naiqing, Wang Cong, Fensholt Rasmus. 2020. Nonlinear dynamics of fires in Africa over recent decades controlled by precipitation. Global Change Biology, 26(8), 4495-4505.
13. Fu Bojie*, Wang Shuai, Zhang Junze, Hou Zengqian, Li Jinghai*. 2019. Unravelling the Complexity in Achieving the 17 Sustainable Development Goals. National Science Review, 6(3), 386-388.
14. Daryanto Stefani, Fu Bojie*, Zhao Wenwu, Wang Lixin. 2019. One-hundred years after shrub encroachment: Policy directions towards sustainable rangeland-use. Land Use Policy, 84:71-78. DOI: 10.1016/j.landusepol.2019.03.008
15. Wang Shuai, Fu Bojie*, Bodin Orjan, Liu Jianguo, Zhang Mengmeng, Li Xiaoyan. 2019. Alignment of social and ecological structures increased the ability of river management. Science Bulletin, 64(18), 1318-1324.
16. Fu Bojie*, Wang Shuai, Liu Yu, Liu Jianbo, Liang Wei, Miao Chiyuan. 2017. Hydrogeomorphic-Ecosystem Responses to Natural and Anthropogenic Changes in the Loess Plateau of China. Annual Review of Earth and Planetary Sciences, 45, 223-243.
17. Feng Xiaoming, Fu Bojie*, Piao Shilong, Wang Shuai, Ciais Philippe, Zeng Zhenzhong, Lü Yihe, Zeng Yuan, Li Yue, Jiang Xiaohui, Wu Bingfang. 2016. Revegetation in China’s Loess Plateau is approaching sustainable water resource limits. Nature Climate Change, 6, 1019-1024.
18. Wang Shuai, Fu Bojie*, Piao Shilong, Lü Yihe, Ciais Philippe, Feng Xiaoming, Wang Yafeng. 2016. Reduced sediment transport in the Yellow River due to anthropogenic changes. Nature Geoscience, 9, 38-42.
19. Hu Haitang, Fu Bojie*, Lv Yihe. 2015. SAORES: a spatially explicit assessment and optimization tool for regional ecosystem services. Landscape Ecology, 30(3): 547-560.
20. Jia Xiaoqing, Fu Bojie*, Feng Xiaoming, Hou Guohua, Liu Yu, Wang Xiaofeng. 2014. The tradeoff and synergy between ecosystem services in the the Grain-for-Green areas in Northern Shaanxi, China. Ecological Indicators, 43: 103–113.
21. Fu Bojie, Bruce Jones (Eds). 2013. Landscape Ecology for Sustainable Environment and Culture, Springer.
22. Fu Bojie*, Wang Yafeng, Lv Yihe, He Chansheng, Chen Liding, Song Chengjun. 2009, The effects of land use combination on soil erosion-a case study in Loess Plateau of China. Progress in Physical Geography, 33(6):793-804.
23. Fu Bojie*, 2008, Blue Skies for China. Science, 321:611.
24. Fu Bojie*., Hu C.X., Chen L.D., Honnay, O., and Gulinck, H. 2006. Evaluating Change in agricultural landscape pattern between 1980 and 2000 in the loess hilly region of Ansai county, China. Agriculture, Ecosystems and Environment, 114: 387-396.
25. Fu Bojie*., Zhang Q.J., Chen L.D., Zhao, W.W., Gulinck, H., Liu, G.B., Yang, Q.K., and Zhu, Y.G. 2006. Temporal change in land use and its relationship to slope degree and soil type in a small catchment on the Loess Plateau of China. Catena, 65: 41-48.
26. Fu Bojie*, Zhao, W.W., Chen, L.D., et al. 2005. Assessment of soil erosion at large watershed scale using RUSLE and GIS: a case study in the Loess plateau of China. Land Degradation and Development, 16(1): 73-85.
27. Fu Bojie*, Meng Qinghua, Qiu Yang, Zhao Wenwu, Zhang Qiuju and D.A.Davidson. 2004. Effect of land use on soil erosion and nitrogen loss in the hilly area of the Loess Plateau, China. Land Degradation and Development, 15:87-96.
28. Fu Bojie*, Wang Jun, Chen Liding & Qiu Yang.2003.The effect of Land use on soil moisture variation in the Danangou Catchment,the Loess Plateau of China. Catena , 54(1-2):197-214.
29. Fu Bojie*, Chen Liding, 2000, Agricultural landscape spatial pattern analysis in the semiarid hill area of loess plateau, China. Journal of Arid Environments. 44： 291-303
30. Fu Bojie*, Chen, Liding. Ma Keming, Zhou Huafeng, Wang Jun, 2000, The relationships between land use and soil conditions in the hilly area of the loess plateau in northern Shaanxi, China, Catena, 39：69-78.